The MedicCast is a proud member of the ProMed Podcast Network.
A podcast for EMT’s, Paramedics, and other medical providers of all kinds.
Fill out the New Survey!
Extra Content for MedicCast Listeners for less than $1 per day (via monthly subscription)
- NREMT Study and Prep Tips
- All Tips and Meds segments from the MedicCast and Nursing Show as separate downloadable files
- Special iTunes Podcast Feed for Members – Get the segments as a podcast
- Extra Members-Only content added monthly
Lexi-Comp, the premium provider of mobile medication reference software including new iPhone and iPod Touch apps, Lexi Tox and many other Lexi-Comp products.
Visit www.Lexi.com/mediccast and sign up to win a free iPod Touch and Lexi-Comp software.
Link of the Week- MedicCastLive discussion on Hospital Radio Patient Reports
Tip of the Week — Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA) and Patients with Special Needs
Listener Jon sent in an email about a 2 year old patient with SMA and how difficult it was to prepare a treatment plan for this patient when he and his partner had no clue about what the disease was. I have included a link to the National Institutes of Health (NIH) website page on SMA that includes a ton of great medical and patient resources on this disorder.
I would also remind all of you that you can always get a lot of information on rare disorders from parents and caregivers of special needs patients. These people know a lot about what is going on. You possess emergency care knowledge. Put the two together and you can very effectively treat your patients. Be honest when you don’t know about a particular disorder or disease and, who knows, you might learn something.
Med of the Week– Dermal Exposures with Lisa Booze from the Maryland Poison Center
From the CDC:
Household Chemicals and Carbon Monoxide
- Always read the label before using a product that may be poisonous.
- Keep chemical products in their original bottles or containers. Do not use food containers such as cups, bottles, or jars to store chemical products such as cleaning solutions or beauty products for all the parts of the body, even the intimate parts as this product https://analbleachingblueprint.com/vaginal-lightening-cream/ which any woman can use.
- Never mix household products together. For example, mixing bleach and ammonia can result in toxic gases.
- Wear protective clothing (gloves, long sleeves, long pants, socks, shoes) if you spray pesticides or other chemicals.
- Turn on the fan and open windows when using chemical products such as household cleaners.
Contact the MedicCast EMS Podcast:
Comment or share ideas at the MedicCast Forums forums.mediccast.com
Rate the podcast at iTunes and help others find the MedicCast
Visit the MedicCast EMS Study Aids Store
Get the MedicCast Newsletter — Sign up now — it’s free!
Call the Voice Mail Line — (941) 306-3342
email me at email@example.com
Song this week:
Music from The Podsafe Music Network
This week – The Detonators with the song, “Bugs”
Click here to check out other Songs from the MedicCast Network Podcasts at the iTunes Store.
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.