The MedicCast is a proud member of the ProMed Podcast Network.
A podcast for EMT’s, Paramedics, and other medical providers of all kinds.
Fill out the New Survey!
Link of the Week: Steve Berry’s IAmNotAnAmbulanceDriver.com
Extra Content for MedicCast Listeners for less than $1 per day (via monthly subscription)
- NREMT Study and Prep Tips
- All Tips and Meds segments from the MedicCast and Nursing Show as separate downloadable files
- Special iTunes Podcast Feed for Members – Get the segments as a podcast
- Extra Members-Only content added monthly
Lexi-Comp, the premium provider of mobile medication reference software including new iPhone and iPod Touch apps, Lexi Tox and many other Lexi-Comp products.
Visit www.Lexi.com/mediccast and sign up to win a free iPod Touch and Lexi-Comp software.
This Month’s MedicCast Live Show on EMS Humor (part 2)
In this section as we look at part two of the two part series on EMS Humor, I wanted to include some of the great abreviations and acronyms that people in the live chat room were throwing out there for everyone to laugh at.Ã‚ While these are all very amusing, I think we should all be aware that they are not to be used in acutal patient documentation.
What, you think these things come out of mid air?Ã‚ They don’t, I promise you a number of the following were included by some provider who thought he or she’d be cute in their report about a particularly humorous or strange call.
EMS Humor and Acronyms:
- Obese Patients: horizontally gifted, gravitationally gifted, Touched by an Angel..foodcake.
- Deceased Patients: FDSTW (Found Dead, Stayed That Way), ART – Assuming room temperature, NLPR – No Longer Playing Records, BART – Body Assuming Room Temperature, CC – Cancel Christmas, Q signer (dead guy with tongue hanging out
- Critical Patients: ABC – Airway, Bury ’em, Call the florist (If you don’t do the first, you WILL be doing the other two), PBAB – Pine Box At Bedside, PBS – Pretty Bad Shape, PCL – Pre Code Looking, TBC – Total Body Crunch, Smurf–cyanotic pt
- Psych and Drug Patients: pharmaceutically gifted — high, BMW – B****, Moan, Whine, CCFCCP – Coo Coo For Cocoa Puffs, TLC – Thorazine, Lorazepam, Compazine,
- Assorted Other EMS Funnies: ABC – Airway, Billing, Collections, PUD–pooper,urinator, deficator; LOLFDGB – Little Old Lady Fall Down Go Boom, OMG squad- the people who just stand there doing nothing, CATS – Cut All To S***, EMS = Earn Money Sleeping, PEFY – Pre Extricated For You (ejected MVA patient), incarceritis- just as someone is about to go to jail, they start to have symptoms
- EMS Humor Site: http://www.thelunatick.com/ems/#humor (Caution, may be innapropriate or crude humor inside)
Special Thanks to:
- Greg Friese from EPS411.com
- Kenny from Colorado
- UltraDad (Canadian FF/FR)
Some More Funny Links:
Contact the MedicCast EMS Podcast:
Comment or share ideas at the MedicCast Forums forums.mediccast.com
Rate the podcast at iTunes and help others find the MedicCast
Visit the MedicCast Store
Get the MedicCast Newsletter — Sign up now — it’s free!
Call the Voice Mail Line — (941) 306-3342
email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Song this week:
Matthew Ebel with “Lost My Way”
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.