During October’s MedicCast Live, a few guests mentioned some pet terms for types of injuries and emergency calls.Ã‚ I thought about it and realized that we all come up with our own funny terms and phrases (many just for use around the break room).
EMTs and paramedics along with other medical professionals come up with work related pet terms for certain kinds of patients. What are some of the ones you and your friends use?Ã‚ Here are some that I have come up with:
- Frequent Flyer (ok this is easy but people outside of EMS won’t know what you are talking about)
- DFO (done fell out)
- YouTuber (teens doing stupid things)
- Camper Divers (from Craig Corey on NASCAR fans who fall off their campers while drinking)
- Yard Sale (from Kelly Fujikawa on ski accidents who land hard enough to scatter their belongings over the slope)
- Weebles (walking drunks – they wobble but they don’t fall down)
Challenge for the EMS Haiku blog
I have a challenge for my friend, Eric over at EMSHaiku.com.Ã‚ Can he write a couple of Haikus for us using EMS pet phrases for the entire thing?
Well, Eric, the pen is in your court!